SAINT MARTIN LE VIEUX
The church mentioned the 996 donation made by Oliva and his wife under the name of Saint Martin du Canigou. Its remoteness did not prevent the church from serving the parish of Casteil. After the Abbey was founded (1001-1007) a second building was erected in the 11th Century and continued to function until the construction, at an unknown date, of a chapel in Casteil’s parish which replaced the early one that was considered too distant. This was done in 1658, since a document concerning the monk Félix Bosca describes the oldest as Sant Marti Lo Vell.